All you need to know about the ISIC virtual card | ISIC Thailand
From Tuesday the 14th of August, 2018 all ISIC, IYTC & ITIC cards ordered via www.isic.co.th will be issued as virtual cards.
The virtual ISIC ID has been brought in to make student life more accessible and convenient. We are excited that customers will always have access to their cards via their smart phones. With the free ISIC app you will have your card everywhere you go (providing you have your smartphone with you). On the move? Easily check for nearby discounts when on the go. An exciting move for all involved, we move forward together in impacting positive change on our green footprint by significantly decreasing the scale of plastic and paper we use.
We completely understand that queries may arise with any change so we have compiled some FAQs below for you.
Precisely what is the ISIC Virtual card?
Exactly the same as a physical ISIC card, however it displays beautifully on your smartphone through the ISIC App. Able to be used anywhere the physical card is accepted, this is a fantastic new way of accessing your card.
I've completed my application online. What now?
You should receive a nice little confirmation email with all of your order details. Once we've got everything we need, your application will be approved and you will receive another email which will include all of your card details. You can then 'sign up' on the ISIC App with your name and card number and your virtual card will be good to go!
How long does it take for us to approve a virtual card application?
Online orders are processed daily Monday through to Friday. If everything is good with your application, you will receive your ISIC card number and be able to use your virtual card within 2-3 business days from when you initially placed the order.
How do I access my virtual card?
Please find further instructions on accessing your virtual card here.
I don't have a smartphone. Can I still get a plastic card?
Yes! If you would like a physical card you can still go into an STA Travel Thailand store to have a card printed there. Find your nearest store here.
Why haven't I received the activation email after signing up to the ISIC App?
- There was a slight typo in the email address that you registered with through the app.
- The automated activation email was caught up in your spam filter.
- Your email provider might have blocked the automated email message.
What can I do?
- Check your spam or junk mail folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add email@example.com to your email contacts or approved senders list.
- If you continue to have the same problem, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I can't login to the app. What should I do?
There can be several reasons why you might not be able to login to the ISIC global app:
- You have entered the incorrect login details.
- There is a problem with your account.
- You are using an ISIC profile that is not accepted.
Here's what you can do:
- Ensure that you have created an ISIC global app profile. All previous ISIC profiles won't work*
- Use the 'forget password' feature.
- If you continue to have the same problems, please contact email@example.com.
*Local ISIC country sites may have requested you create an ISIC profile in the past, the ISIC global App profile is different to the local profile.Back to overview