What is the ISIC card?
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is the only internationally recognised proof of full-time student status issued in over 130 countries. The card allows you to prove your student status worldwide, as well as gain access to discounts and benefits in over 125,000 locations. It is endorsed by organisations such as UNESCO, the European Council on Culture and the Andean Community of Nations. The card is recognised by universities, academic institutions, student organisations, national governments and ministries of education around the world.
What can the ISIC card do for me?
- Prove your official student status wherever you go
- Gain access to student services and facilities internationally
- Access to over 150,000 student benefits and discounts in close to 125,000 locations in over 130 countries
- Save money everyday whether at home or travelling abroad
How can I find where to use my card?
Through 'Discounts' below. Our search engine lets you find both online and show your card benefits.

You can also download the free ISIC App for both Android and iOS devices to search for benefits when on the go!


Can I use my card as proof of identity?
The ISIC card is proof of student status and can be used to identify yourself in different places in multiple counties worldwide. However, some countries may require a different form of personal identification so please check with the local regulations in advance if you are travelling there.
Do you post cards overseas?
Unfortunately not. We can only post ISIC cards to addresses within Thailand.
How much do the cards cost?
The price of an ISIC, IYTC or ITIC card is only 400 THB – nothing compared to the thousands of baht you will save!
What if I am not a student?
Don't worry, we have a couple of great alternatives for you!

- If you are not a student, though are 30 years of age or younger at the time of application for the card, the International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) is the right card for you.
- If you're a full-time teacher or professor, you can apply for the International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC).

The IYTC and ITIC both offer similar benefits, services and discounts to the ISIC card.
So, how can I get an ISIC card online?
If you are in Thailand, you can easily apply online for an ISIC, IYTC, or ITIC card. Your card should be with you within 10 working days after payment.

Get your card!

So, how can I get an ISIC card in-store?
STA Travel Bangkok Head Office and Chiang Mai STA Travel are able to issue cards on the spot. Otherwise, there are four other STA Travel stores across Thailand whereby you can make your application in-store and have your card posted to you. Please remember to take along all the necessary documents needed for your card to prove your student status and identity.

For all STA Travel stores, please click 'Issuing Office Locations' below.

Am I a full-time student?
Generally, full-time study means at least 15 hours of study a week, for a minimum of 12 weeks per year.

The ISIC card is available to full-time students at school, college or university, aged 12 years and above. There is no upper age limit.
How long are the cards valid for?
The ISIC, IYTC & ITIC cards are valid for one year from the date of application.
What documents do I need to apply for an ISIC card?
The ISIC (International Student Identity Card) is available to full-time students, so you’ll need to be able to prove you are currently studying full-time at school, college or university.

When applying, please provide any of the following documents:
- Screenshot of units you are currently enrolled in (showing your name on the image)
- Letter from your school/university stating you are enrolled on a full-time basis
- A student card stating full time/concession sticker

We’ll also need from you:
- Proof of your date of birth (for example: passport, birth certificate, official identity card)
- A recent passport-style photo (can be a selfie too!)

What documents do I need to apply for an IYTC card?
The International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) is for anyone aged between 12 and 30 years old who are not full-time students.

When applying, you’ll just need to be able to prove your age with any of the following documents:
- Passport
- Birth certificate
- Official identity card

We’ll also need from you a recent passport-style photo (can be a selfie too!)

What documents do I need to apply for an ITIC card?
The International Teacher Identity Card (ITIC) is for full-time teachers or professors.

When applying, you’ll just need a letter from your employer stating that you are employee of a recognised school, college or university for at least 18 hours per week, for a minimum of 1 academic year.

We’ll also need a recent passport-style photo of yourself (can be a selfie too!)

My card has not arrived yet!
Not to worry, just get in touch with us and we’ll look into for you.

How can I offer a benefit to students?
Very easily! Simply get in touch with us below and we'll do all of the hard work from our end.

Can I offer ISIC cards to students at my school/college/university?
Definitely! There are many ways to do this. We have a team who'll be happy to talk to you about this when convenient.

Get in touch with us